Check out the Recipe Corner at Weekend Link Love at Mark’s Daily Apple…you’ll see this recipe!!!
Bacon. Bacon. Bacon. Why wouldn’t I use it to “bread” something…check out the recipe below and enjoy!
Some other Cavegirl Cuisine recipes that you may enjoy:
Crab and Bacon Baked Fritters
Poached Garlic Butter Monkfish with Caperberries and Wilted Spinach
Just for the Halibut and Apricot
Bacon Breaded Fish Nuggets with Tartar Sauce
- 3/4 pounds bacon, cooked
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour or cassava flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon mustard of choice
- 12 ounces cod (about 2-3 fillets)
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup lemon olive oil (or mild olive oil with 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon minced dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- In a mini food processor, or blender, place cooked bacon, Italian seasoning, and arrowroot. Blend until bacon looks like bread crumbs. Set aside in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a large baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, water, and mustard until blended.
- Cut cod into 1-inch sections.
- Dredge fish in the wet ingredients. Coat with the bacon breading. You may have to pat it in as it won’t “coat” like a traditional breading.
- Place fish nuggets in the baking dish. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the cod is cooked through.
- If you would like to make the tartar sauce, break out your mini food processor.
- Place the egg yolk, salt, and pickle juice in the processor. Blend. Sloooowly add the olive oil…1 teaspoon at a time…take your time on this one, otherwise, your mayo will break. When finished adding your olive oil, stir in the minced dill pickle and onion. It may taste a little under seasoned, but because your fish nuggets are coated in bacon, there is enough salt to go around.