Veggie soup is extremely versatile…change it up to your needs or for the season. Also, instead of thyme, add basil or dill ~ each time can be a different soup. Also, if you want to add a little ham or chicken, go for it!!
- 3 tablespoons of ghee or organic butter (or preferred cooking oil)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 5 cups veggie broth (or broth of choice)
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- In a heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven, over medium heat, place ghee, onion, celery, and carrots. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add broth, turnips, cabbage, garlic, thyme, salt & pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 40 minutes. Do a taste test to determine if you need more salt and/or pepper.