This Jalapeño-Pesto Minty Rack of Lamb has a jalapeño in the pesto marinade to give a spicy twist to a favorite classic.
Some other Cavegirl Cuisine recipes you may enjoy:
Roasted Leg of Lamb with a Sweet Garlic Parsley Rub
Asian Lamb Chops with Steamed Bok Choy
Jalapeño-Pesto Minty Rack of Lamb
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard (or preferred mustard)
- 1 small handful of fresh mint
- 1 small handful of fresh parsley
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 jalapeños, ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup avocodo oil (or preferred oil)
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1 rack of lamb (8 bones), frenched (about 1.5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons ghee, organic butter, or preferred cooking oil
- In a food processor, blend mustard, mint, parsley, garlic, jalapeños, lemon juice, oil, and salt & pepper.
- Brush the pesto over the rack of lamb. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet, heat ghee over medium-high heat. Sear the lamb for 3 minutes. Flip and sear the other side for an additional 3 minutes. Spoon ghee over lamb a few times while it is cooking.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Cook for approximately 20 minutes. Time will vary depending on the thickness of the lamb and your doneness preference. A meat thermomoter is key here. I took mine out at 135 degrees F. Let rest for 5 minutes. The meat will continue to cook while it rests. Cut between the bones and serve.