Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche
- 1/2 pound shrimp (peeled, deveined, chopped)
- 1/2 pound sea or bay scallops, diced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 radishes, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (and extra for garnish)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 thai chilis, seeded and finely diced (or pepper of choice)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 thick tomato slices
- olive oil (for drizzle)
- In a shallow container, combine shrimp, scallops, juices, radishes, cilantro, red onion, salt, pepper, and chilis. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Stir. Refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes.
- In a small food processor, add the avocado, pinch of salt, and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Blend until smooth. I did this so I could add a “smoosh” of avocado to the plate. If you like to keep it simple, just add the sliced avocado to your plate.
- On 4 plates, add a smoosh of avocado (or whole slices). Add a tomato slice. Stack the ceviche on top. Garnish with optional extra cilantro leaves. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.