- 15 lychee nuts, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 ounces of dark chocolate, chopped
- Place lychee pulp in a small food processor and blend until it is almost smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat lychee pulp, honey, coconut milk, vanilla, and egg yolks on medium-low heat. Whisk until well-blended. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Follow the directions on your ice cream mixer as each one may be a little different. Once your main mixture has blended for about 15 minutes, add the chocolate chunks. Transfer to a freezing container/lidded bowl. Freeze. After 30-45 minutes, stir mixture again. I think the best stage of “paleo ice cream” is after the first 1-3 hours of freezing.