If you have a basket of cucumbers but don’t want to take time boiling mason jars and canning all day, these refrigerator pickles are your friend. This recipe is super-easy and just as yummy as store-bought with the added benefit of knowing exactly what you put in the jar!
I like the added subtle kick that the red chili pepper flakes give, but if this doesn’t sound good to you, just eliminate that ingredient. This is another very versatile recipe and is meant for immediate consumption. Refrigerator pickles are meant to be eaten within 2 weeks of making (if they last that long!).
You may also like to try my Spicy Dill Refrigerator Pickles.
- 3 cups of sliced small pickling cucumbers (about 6-7)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For more precise cucumber slices, use a mandolin. Set sliced cucumbers aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add remaining ingredients. Heat and stir until everything is well-blended. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Place your sliced cucumbers in an airtight container. Pour liquid over the cucumbers. Cover when cooled and refrigerate for at 24-48 hours before serving. 48 hours yield more flavorful pickles, but I can’t seem to keep my hands off of them before them!