If you are like me, you always have celery and carrots in your crisper. I finally decided to do something with all of that celery and I hope you like this version! (paleo soup)
- 2 pieces of bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee or organic butter
- 10 stalks of celery, chopped (save celery leaves for garnish), diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper (or bell pepper of choice), seeded and diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- handful of fresh parsley
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 4 cups veggie or chicken broth
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- optional garnishes: the leaves from the celery, edible flowers
- In a Dutch oven or a heavy-bottomed pot, place bacon and ghee over medium heat. Add celery, bell pepper, cauliflower, paprika, parsley, and garlic.
- Heat for about 5 minutes until the celery starts to tender.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Alternately, use a stand mixer with batches of the mixture to blend.
- Garnish with celery leaves and/or edible flowers.