I started out thinking that this recipe would be a soup, but then it had a little bit of a resemblance to a chili, or maybe a stew…so I asked my trusted Facebook folks and they advised calling it a Chiloup, Stilli, Stewli, Schillew, and even a Stoup! So, take your pick, but definitely try this recipe if you like a little spice with your comfort food and give this version of paleo chili a try!
Some other Cavegirl Cuisine recipes that you may enjoy:
Potato-Free Cottage Pie
Red Wine Sirloin Tops with Mushroom and Onion Gravy with Root Veg Mash
Roasted Cauliflower and Bacon Soup
- 1 pound loose chorizo (or cut from the casings)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced (or color of choice)
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms (or mushrooms of choice), sliced
- 2 tablespoons ghee or organic butter
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound chicken thighs, lightly cooked and diced (it will continue to cook in the soup)
- 4 cups chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes, strained
- Optional garnishes: sliced black olives, fresh cilantro, diced avocado
- In a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, cook the chorizo, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms until the chorizo is cooked. Add ghee, celery, carrots, coriander, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, broth and diced tomatoes.
- Cook covered on medium-low for 30 minutes or transfer to a slow cooker on low for several hours to really give the spices time to come alive!
- Continue to simmer uncovered for 1 hour. Spoon the paleo chili into bowls and garnish with optional toppings