How much do I love Nikki’s Coconut Butter?! LOTS! This is my second recipe using their product. My first one was the Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie Cookies!
Here’s a tip: I used to fill my waffle maker all the way to the edges to make the “pefect” waffle. I now like the rustic feel of just pouring my batter in the center…I love the rough edges that it creates.
- 8 mission black figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Cake Batter coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 ripe small banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- optional garnish: chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, add figs, maple syrup, and juice of 1/2 orange. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, coconut flour, applesauce, coconut butter, vanilla, almond butter, banana, baking powder, and cinnamon. Combine until smooth but don’t overmix.
- In a heated greased Belgium Waffle maker, pour a 1/2 cup of the batter in the center of the waffle maker. Cook until done.
- Plate waffles and garnish with fig-maple syrup…garnish with cropped walnuts (optional).