These were inspired by my crazy obsession with American Horror Story! The new season, Freak Show, just started and this is my carny ode to the show…corn dogs!
- 4 large eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/2 small banana
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons ghee or organic butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 8 wooden skewers
- 8 nitrate-free, organic hot dogs
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine 4 eggs, coconut flour, mustard, banana, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, baking soda, salt, pepper, butter, and water.
- Skewer the hot dogs with the wooden sticks.
- Using your hands, form the “dough” neatly around the hot dogs. If the dough is too sticky, add coconut flour. If the dough is too dry, add water.
- Place on the baking sheet. Whisk two egg whites. Brush 1/2 over corn dogs.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 15 minutes. Turn over. Brush with additioanl egg whites. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Let cool for 10 minutes.