Fennel and Apple Slaw
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced, save some fennel leaves for garnish
- 1 Granny Smith apple (or apple of choice), peeled, cored, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- a pinch of red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Aside from the garnish of fennel leaves, combine all ingredients. Stir.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish your fennel and apple slaw with fennel leaves.