This Sea Bass with Pancetta and Garlic Sage Pesto dish is for 2 or for 8. You can either keep the fillets intact or cut them in thirds or halves.
Sea Bass with Pancetta and Garlic Sage Pesto
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 15-20 sage leaves
- small handful of parsley
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup walnut oil (or preferred oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces cubed pancetta
- 2 sea bass fillets, each cut in thirds (or less, depending on how many you are serving)
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- In a small food processor of blender, blend lemon juice, sage, parsley, garlic, oil, and salt until smooth. Set aside and refrigerate.
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta cubes until crisp. Remove pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Season fish on each side lightly with salt and pepper. Use the same skillet used to cook the pancetta. Cook for about 4 minutes per side until done.
- Swoosh a spoonful of the sage pesto on your plate. Add a piece of the sea bass. Sprinkle with cooked pancetta.