This is my paleo appetizer version of those sausage balls mixed with dough things that you’ve seen at every party since the 80’s. They are popular…they go fast…everyone chomps them up. Luckily the yummy part of the recipe is the sausage. The rest is filler. I think this is good substitution and is also nicer to our waistline!
If you have a spicy tooth (the opposite of a sweet tooth!)…use chorizo as a regular pork sausage substitute for extra kick!
Sausage & Sweet Potato Biscuit Bites (paleo appetizer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add diced sweet potato. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium-heat. Cook until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and add to a mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients (add the eggs last so that they don’t “scramble”!).
- Mix all ingredients until well-blended.
- Scoop 2 teaspoons of batter and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. These scoops do not spread so they can be fairly close when baking.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.