These paleo latkes are perfect for Hanukkah or just a side dish with most any meal!
Turnip and Beet Latkes (paleo latkes)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups grated turnip, *with water pressed out (about 1 large turnip)
- 1 cup grated beets, *with water pressed out (about 1 medium beet)
- 2/3 cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (or dill or Italian seasoning works too)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh or prepared horseradish
- Avocado oil (or preferred cooking oil)
- * to press the water out of the turnip and beet, place shredded veggies in a several layers of paper towels and squeeze.
- Whisk eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients except for the cooking oil.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil over medium heat. Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter and place in the heated skillet…add 4-5 patties additional patties. Press down slightly on each scoop to make a patty. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove cooked paleo latkes to a plate and repeat Step 3 until batter is gone.
- Season with additional salt (optional) and serve immediately.