The taste of these Grain Free Broccoli Smash Patties remind me of the traditional Broccoli Casserole we used to make at Thanksgiving every year. These are easy to make and hard to resist!
Grain Free Broccoli Smash Patties (broccoli pancakes)
- 1 head of broccoli, stems should be large-diced
- 2 tablespoons ghee or organic butter (use oil of preference if you want zero dairy)
- 1 tablespoon fresh or prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced onion (fresh or dried)
- 2 pieces of crispy bacon, crumbled
- sea salt and cracked pepper for taste
- Steam broccoli until fork tender. Set aside for a few minutes to cool down slightly.
- Add ghee, horseradish, and coconut flour to the broccoli. In a food processor, blend until broccoli is broken down. Add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth (or smooth-ish).
- Taste. Add salt and pepper until desired flavor…start with about a 1/2 teaspoon of each and go from there. Not only do we having differing tastes, but a head of broccoli is not always a consistent size. Blend again until salt and pepper is distributed.
- In a lightly greased pan, scoop about 2 tablespoonfuls of “batter” and smoosh down to a patty. Cook until browned on each side (about 2-3 minutes per side). Serve immediately.