The original “Bang Bang Shrimp” from Bonefish Grill is deep-fried and is coated in a mayo-based sauce. With this version, I grilled these in a little sesame oil and simplified the sauce; hopefully, without compromising on flavor for this copycat Paleo Bang Bang Shrimp!
Cavegirl’s Bangin’ Shrimp! (paleo bang bang shrimp)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (or preferred hot sauce)…add more if you like more heat
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- pinch or two of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1.5 pounds uncooked medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions, garnish
- lettuce of choice, for plating garnish
- Whisk together honey, coconut aminos, Sriracha, fish sauce, salt and lime juice. Refrigerate.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Cook shrimp for several minutes on each side until they are opaque throughout. This cooking time will vary slightly depending the count (size) of your shrimp. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Toss in the sauce.
- Plate shrimp on top of a few lettuce leaves. Garnish with sliced scallions.