This Cinnamon-Apple Nut Bread is so moist…it is kind of a cross between a bread and a bread pudding. Also, heated up, this would be great with a scoop of my homemade Cinnamon Ice Cream!
I recently received a bag of TigerNut Flour from Organic Gemini. I not only had never tried this type of flour, but had frankly never heard of it. I find it a little more substantial than coconut flour so I can’t wait to try it on some pancakes. Also, if the coconut flour flavor is a turn-off for you, TigerNut flour may be your solution.
So here are some things I learned:
“Organic Gemini TigerNut Flour can be used in most baking and smoothie recipes, adding a sweet and nutty flavor!
TigerNuts are not actually nuts but small root vegetables. Around 2 million years ago in the heart of Africa, our Paleo ancestors relied heavily upon this super-root, making up to 80% of their diet.
TigerNuts are the #1 wholefood source of resistant starch, an essential PREbiotic fiber that resists human digestion and becomes fuel for our PRObiotics.”
Homemade Cinnamon-Apple Nut Bread (using TigerNut Flour)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 stick of organic butter or 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 large apples, cored and grated (squeeze some of the water out in a paper towel)
- 2/3 cup TigerNut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 bread pan.
- Blend eggs and coconut sugar for 5 minutes until thicker.
- Combine egg mixture with remaining ingredients. Pour into bread pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes. Slice it up!