Oh my goodness. I recently received a SousVide Supreme Package. Wow ~ what a fantastically modern way of cooking. It is a way to cook meats at a controlled temperature…you can’t overcook the meat. Also, this is such an economical cooking method. You can take the cheapest cuts, season them, freeze them, and then sousvide them. The tough tendons and connective tissues melt down to a gelatinous state. The result: tender, juicy meat.
Other SousVide recipes that you may enjoy:
SousVide Lamb Shoulder with Hazelnut-Mint Pesto
SousVide Asian Burgers with Ginger-Avocado Sauce and Pickled Slaw
SousVide Cowboy Steak
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pound grass-fed beef chuck roast
- 3 tablespoons ghee or organic butter
- Heat SousVide water oven to 131 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and then rub on the roast. Seal meat with thinly-sliced onions on each side.
- Cook for 10 hours.
- Remove from water and discard onions.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on high with 2 tablespoons ghee or organic butter. Add beef to sear for 2 minutes. Flip, add an additional tablespoon and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice beef. Serve.