I’m in love with my new SousVide Supreme Package. SousVide Lamb Shoulder is the way to go…I have never had it this tender before. The tough tendons and connective tissues melt down to a gelatinous state making this shoulder luscious…I will never cook it any other way.
I also chose a grass-fed Austalian cut which is automatically more tender than most of their domestic, grain-fed counterparts.
SousVide Lamb Shoulder with Hazelnut-Mint Pesto
- Heat SousVide water oven to 135 degrees.
- Combine first four ingredients and then rub over the lamb shoulder. Seal in a sous vide bag.
- Cook for 24 hours.
- In a small food processor, blend cayenne, sea salt, hazelnuts, parsley, mint, oil, and lemon. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove lamb from sealed bag and rub 1/2 of the pesto over the lamb.
- Place lamb under the broiler for about 5 minutes to crisp up the top.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Slice and serve with additional pesto.