These grain-free/gluten-free Blueberry-Orange Crepes are so elegant, light, and QUICK!
I used blueberries; however, strawberries or any combination of berries would do. If you are making these off season, look in the freezer aisle for frozen berries ~ these are always a great go-to for quick desserts and smoothies.
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or about a 1/4 of a vanilla bean)
- zest of 1 orange (about 2-3 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee or organic butter, melted
- 3 cups blueberries
- juice of one orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (or preferred nuts)
- Whipped cream (optional, if you allow dairy in your diet)
- Whisk together crepe ingredients until smooth. (Although it is not mandatory, I put my flour through a sifter to avoid any possible lumps).
- Heat a little coconut oil or ghee in an 8-inch skillet. Pour 1/3 cup of the crepe batter in the skillet. Holding the handle of the skillet about an inch about the heat, swirl the pan to distribute a thin layer across the bottom of the pan. Heat for a minute or two until set. Carefully flip the crepe and let cook for another 30 seconds or so. It should slide right out onto a plate (or you can flip the pan over the plate to remove). You will want to use one of your bigger spatulas ~ a small one may cause the crepe to rip. Also, this step needs to be quick.
- Repeat Step 2 until the batter is used. (the crepes will be stacked)
- In a medium saucepan, heat “filling” ingredients over medium-high heat. After a couple of minutes, squish about half of the blueberries against the side of the pan. Let cook for a few minutes to allow it to thicken.
- Spread a line of the filling in each crepe. Either fold it in half or roll it up.
- Garnish with drizzled dark chocolate and chopped pecans.
- If you don’t have a dairy intolerance, a little homemade whipped cream always works with this treat!