I am a sucker for these cute little quail eggs, so when they were selling them at my Farmer’s Market recently, I had to scoop them up! If you are seeking them out, I usually find mine at Asian markets. Have fun on your adventure…you will find some different produce than at your regular chain grocer. Pick something up that is new to you…adventures in the kitchen can only lead to good things (or at least to a good story!).
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes, halved and cored
- sea salt and ground pepper
- avocado oil (or preferred cooking oil)
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 10 quail eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes crowded together in a baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Lightly drizzle each tomato with oil. Using the back of your spoon, give each tomato a little smoosh down. Distribute the minced garlic evenly over the tomatoes and then top with a fresh basil leaf. Gently crack quail eggs randomly over tomatoes.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until desired doneness on your eggs.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.