Dayum!! I love it when I cook something and every family member licks their plate. <<happy mom>>
This Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Salsa recipe will absolutely be made again and again. It had a turnaround time of 15 minutes (prep + cook time). And the flavor, oooh, the flavor! The only difference I may make next time is maybe add a diced jalapeño to the salsa, but really, we enjoyed it without…I just like to play with flavors, so it’s up to you.
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- juice of 1/4 lime (you will use the remaining lime later in the recipe)
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/8 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 small handful of chopped cilantro leaves
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound chicken tenders (or you can buy the breasts and slice it into long strips)
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries, lime juice, tomatoes, onion, avocado, and cilantro. Stir to distribute the lime juice (this will help keep your avocado from browning). Season with salt, a pinch or two. Taste as you go so it is perfect for your taste buds!
- Squeeze remaining lime over the chicken and then season with salt and pepper. Place tenders on a heated grill or grilling pan (medium to medium-high heat). Depending on the thickness of your chicken, you are going to cook them for 3-5 minutes per side. Check the internal temp with a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is at 165 degrees. Remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes.
- Spoon salsa over chicken. Serve immediately.