These No-Bake Crab Salad Lettuce Wraps are extremely easy to make and a great light, lunch on a hot day.
We passed by some crab dip today in the grocery store and my daughter really wanted it. NOPE! But, I told her that we could put together our own version…and we did…in about 15 minutes!
If you can’t find fresh crab meat, check out the tuna aisle in the store. I was able to find a can of lump crab meat that was wonderful in a pinch…it was also half the price!
- 12 ounces lump crab meat (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/4 cup homemade mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard (or Dijon for some spice)
- 2 pieces of crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, and a few extra for optional garnish
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2-4 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- smoked paprika, for optional garnish <– my favorite spice in the rack!
- Combine, crab, shallot, celery, mayo, mustard, bacon, lemon juice, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon into lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with optional garnishes: chives and smoked paprika
- TIP: this dish paired well with fresh tomato slices!