Who doesn’t love Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes all in one bite?! These BLT Doughnuts are perfect for any get-together!
- 1 pound bacon, cooked until almost crispy, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup organic heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 20 slices of cherry tomatoes
- 20 pea shoots or chopped parsley
- In a mixing bowl, blend doughnut ingredients until well-blended (this will be a slightly chunky batter). Fill the bottom half of the doughnut maker until level. Lower top half and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes until firm and slightly browned. Let cool on a cooling rack. Continue to cook until batter is gone. It makes about 20 mini doughnuts. If you have don’t have a doughnut maker, but have a pan, cook for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Whip together topping ingredients in a metal bowl until firm peaks forms.
- Pipe whipped topping into doughnuts. I used Wilton tip 15 or you can place topping into a plastic bag and cut the tip off. Pipe topping onto the top of the doughnuts.
- Garnish with tomato slice and pea shoots.