Lamb riblets?! Of course there is such a thing…I’ve just never seen them ~ until a few days ago. They had to go immediately into my shopping cart! Just as with any ribs, low-and-slow cooking is the way to go; however, it just doesn’t take as long because they are so small.
- Pistachio-Mint Pesto:
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1/4 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 5 tablespoons (or more) avocado oil, or preferred oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Lamb Riblets:
- about 1.5-2 pounds lamb riblets
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 3-5 garlic cloves, smashed
- In a small food processor, blend pesto ingredients. If it is too thick, add more oil.
- In a baking dish, rub pesto over the riblets. Refrigerate covered for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Squeeze the juice of the orange quarters around the riblets and place the rinds in the dish. Add the chopped onion and smashed cloves of garlic. Using a piece of aluminum foil, create a tent over the dish.
- Bake for two hours. Remove ribs from the baking dish and garnish with optional chopped mint.