The marinade of these Dairy-Free Tandoori Chicken Wings can be used on just about any meat. I chose chicken wings because it is football season and my family is always looking for new flavors. Void of yogurt and butter, I believe this recipe was still able to capture some of those traditional flavors.
Dairy-Free Tandoori Chicken Wings
- 1 small onion, small diced
- 2-inch knob of ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup coconut milk (use the solid part first from the top of the can)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or preferred oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3.5 pounds chicken wings
- Combine all ingredients, except for the chicken wings. Add chicken wings and toss. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake wings in a baking dish for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of your wings.