This rustic bowl of Slow Cooker Beef Burgundy is a busy weeknight dinner star…much easier to make than the classic recipe but still filled with all of the bold flavors!
Some other Cavegirl Cuisine Slow Cooker recipes that you may enjoy:
Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken with Spiralized Zucchini
Asian Chicken Broccoli Soup
Slow Cooker Beef Burgundy
- 3 slices of bacon, diced
- 2 pounds round steak, cut into cubes
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (and extra for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons cassava flour (it thickens the sauce, optional)
- Render fat from bacon in a large skillet (cast iron is my favorite for searing). Remove bacon from skillet and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate. Add cubed steak to the same skillet in batches and sear steak on all sides (just a few minutes per batch).
- Add bacon, steak, and remaining ingredients to a a 6-quart slow cooker. Toss ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Taste. Add extra salt and pepper if necessary. Serve in bowls or with a nice veggie mash.