I recently read about a sweet breakfast frittata…but, really?
I initially thought…yuck, eggs and waffle flavors?! Well, this Bacon Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Frittata is now my favorite sweet tooth meal…and my hubs! It almost has the flavor of a pancake, except without the grains. And the little touch of bacon gives that perfect amount of salt against the sweetness of the syrup.
The bacon was used from a recent Butcher Box that I received…grass-fed and amazing!
Bacon Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Frittata
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8-inch oven-proof skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until almost crispy. Set bacon aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add ghee and apple to the skillet over medium heat and saute for about 5 minutes until the apples are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and orange zest. Pour into skillet over the apples. Sprinkle with cooked bacon. Swirl until eggs start to set. Pop the skillet into the oven for approximately an additional 3-5 minutes to allow the eggs to set on top.
- While the egg mixture is in the oven, heat the maple syrup on medium-high in a small saucepan to allow the syrup to reduce.
- Slide your frittata onto a plate and drizzle with maple syrup.