I received a BEAUTIFUL box of goodies from Butcher Box and SIRLOIN TOPS were included. It inpsired my Red Wine Sirloin Tips with Mushroom and Onion Gravy with Root Veg Mash. It may sound a little complicated, but in less than an hour, you can be feasting on some crazy-fantastic flavors!!
Red Wine Sirloin Tips with Mushroom and Onion Gravy with Root Veg Mash
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons almond oil (or preferred cooking oil/lard)
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound grass-fed sirloin tips
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into thin moon shapes
- 8 ounces of pre-sliced baby bellas (or preferred mushrooms)
- ghee, preferred oil, and/or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (or preferred broth)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cassava flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- chopped parsley, optional garnish
- In a medium saucepan filled halfway with salted water, add carrot, garlic, parsnip, and turnip and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes until veggies are fork tender.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sirloin tips and sear on all sides for about 5 minutes. Remove meat from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions to the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add wine and broth. Reduce liquid by half by cooking for approximately another 10 minutes. Whisk in cassava flour, Italian seasoning, and coconut aminos. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Drain root veggies. Whisk with about 1 tablespoon of ghee/butter. Add another tablespoon of preferred oil. If y0u want a “creamy” feel, add a little unsweetened almond milk. Add preferred liquid until you receive a smooth consistency.
- Plate root veggie mash. Add sirloin tips and mushroom/onion gravy. Garnish with chopped parsley.