These Paleo Superfood Energy Bars were created from a request from my hubby. He has a 40-minute communte in the morning and I usually send him out the door with some sort of egg muffin thing filled with veggies, among other things. Although he loves those, he was wanting an non-eggy alternative, so I figured someone else out there may want one too!
These are filled with a varitey of nuts, seeds, and berries; however, don’t feel stifled by my ingredients. There are sunflower seeds, dried figs, and so many other alternatives that you can substitute to tailor these for your specific craving!
I cut these into bar shapes, but you can also make little squares for some energy snack bites as well!
Paleo Superfood Energy Bars
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place dates, egg whites, honey, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until dates are chopped down. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and press in mixture evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Cut into preferred pieces (either bars or snack squares)
- In a double boiler (or glass bowl over a saucepan), melt chocolate. Drizzle chocolate over bars.