If you are a busy person and being a slave to the kitchen is not your thang, then Prep Dish can hook you up. Shop once, prep once, enjoy healthy, stress-free meals all week! You will receive a menu via email each week outlining 4 crave-worth meals, 1 creative side salad, 1 nutritious snack, 1 wholesome breakfast, and 1 delicious dessert. You will also be sent a shopping list, prep day instructions, and cooking day instructions. The recipes use simple ingredients prepared quickly with maximum flavor. Don’t waste another minute laying out your meal plan for the week because Allison Schaaf, personal chef and dietician, has done all of the grunt work for you. You just need to follow the simple instructions and eat beautiful meals! And as we all know, being prepared is one of the best ways to not overeat and helps avoid ordering that easy, yet unhealthy take-out food.
I received my meal plan this month and chose to share the Lemon Parsley Pork Chops with Cabbage and Apples. The marinade was so easy to make, yet on-point with its vibrant, citrusy flavor. I will double this recipe the next time around…these are perfect for leftovers in my hubs’ lunchbox! Get started with your Prep Dish meal plan HERE!
Lemon Parsley Pork Chops with Cabbage and Apples
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- large handful of parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 thin-cut, bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon butter (or ghee or coconut oil)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 head purple cabbage, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- splash of apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Pork Chops Marinade: Place the following in a blender or food processor and blend until parsley is chopped: juice of 2 lemons, 1/2 cup olive oil, large handful of parsley, 1 teaspoon salt. Marinate pork chops in the refrigerator for at least an hour up to overnight.
- Sautéed Cabbage and Apples: Heat one teaspoon butter (option: ghee or coconut oil) over medium heat and place chopped apples and cabbage in pan. Season with salt and pepper. Option to add a splash of apple cider vinegar (1 tsp) or more to taste. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid during final 5-10 minutes of cooking.
- Pork Chops:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove pork chops from marinade.
- Bake pork chops in single layer on a baking sheet for 30-40 minutes or until 150F internal temperature is reached.
- Serve pork chops with heated cabbage mixture.