I already had some chicken defrosting in my refrigerator, so I decided to make some Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders. My girls wanted some honey mustard sauce with theirs. This was just a quick 1:1 ratio of yellow mustard and honey with a small splash of apple cider vinegar. For my husband and I, I made a spinach salad and put these on top. I love nuts in my salads, so this was perfect!
Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders
- In a small food processor, pulse lemon juice, mustard, honey, oil, Sriracha, spinach, and a pinch of salt. Pour this mixture over chicken in a shallow dish or a gallon plastic bag. Refrigerate covered overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk eggs in one bowl. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place pecans on another plate.
- Shake excess marinade off of each chicken tender. Dredge in flour. Dip in eggs. Coat with pecans. Place chicken on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes until the internal temperure reaches 165 degrees F.
- Serve with honey mustard or atop a beautiful spinach salad.