OK, so we all seem to love “riced cauliflower” these days. It’s easy to make. You can grate your head of cauliflower…you can throw it in a blender with a little water and then dry it out. But, for us moms of convenience, Trader Joe’s (or Trader Giotto’s in this case) is now carrying this fantastic product. It apparently is laced with crack, because people are going nuts. Some TJ’s are limiting your purchase to two bags. I know in my case, I have to get to the store at opening, otherwise, it is GONE!
So, not only have I made a DIRTY CAULIFLOWER RICE, I also love mixing it with grated squash, egg, and seasonings and making patties stovetop…amazing!
For the recipe below, add shrimp, pork, or chicken for a complete meal!
Dirty Cauliflower Rice
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- a squirt or two of your favorite hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Creole spice/seasoning
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces of riced cauliflower (or 1/2 a bag of Trader Joe’s riced cauli)
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add everything but the cauliflower until onions are translucent.
- Add cauliflower. Continue cooking for a few minutes, stirring, until cauliflower is heated through.
- Serve immediately.