Crepes Suzette are traditionally made with some glorious orange liqueur; however, today we have a paleo and gluten-free version that is sure to please the whole family!
Paleo Crepes Suzette
- Crepe Batter:
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or homemade)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee or real butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Orange Butter Drizzle
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon ghee or real butter
- Mix together the “Crepe Batter” ingredients until smooth. In an 8-inch no stick skillet, heat over medium heat. Pour 1/4 of the batter in the skillet. Holding the skillet, swirl the batter until thinned to each side. Let cook for 30 seconds. Flip the crepe. Slide off onto a plate and repeat 3 more times. Set aside.
- In a small pot, combine “orange butter drizzle” ingredients. Whisk together. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half.
- On two plates, fold two crepes each in half and then in half again. Drizzle with orange butter.
- Optional: Top with whipped cream and additional orange zest.