This Spiced Date Nut Bread is perfect in the morning with a cup of tea or coffee. It’s richness and spice is a comforting start to your day! My favorite dates to work with are Medjools, but feel free to use Deglets or your favorite date!
Spiced Date Nut Bread
- 2 cups pitted, diced dates (about 23-25 Medjools)
- 1/4 cup ghee or butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups cassava flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the dates, butter, and boiling water. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Stir and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in sugar, maple syrup, egg, cassava flour, potato starch, coconut, baking soda, and baking powder. Add walnuts. Stir until combined (do not overmix).
- Bake for 50 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.