This recipe came to me after a long November. I was writing a cookbook with a tight deadline plus I hosted Thanksgiving. Well, I am ashamed to say, with two teenage girls and their schedules, we ate more than too many meals on-the-go. So, Thanksgiving is behind us and we’re ready to move forward. But, sometimes, jumping in head first hurts. So, this HAMBURGER COBB SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE came to mind as a bridge between fast-food and healthy options. What ‘cha think?!
Hamburger Cobb Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/2 pound ground hamburger
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard (or Dijon, your choice!)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salad Toppings:
- 6 ounce bag of mixed greens
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced dill pickles
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese, optional
- Place hamburger ingredients in a large skillet. Stir-fry to marry the flavors and until hamburger is no longer pink.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Toss with the mixed greens and divide into two bowls.
- Decorate and garnish the tops of each salad with ingredients. (I was so mad that I forgot my avocado when I made my salad ~ it would have taken it over the top!).