Found in my cookbook, I Love My Instant Pot, these Instant Pot CITRUS-BACON BRUSSELS SPROUTS are an amazing healthy and quick side dish.
Although a great source of vitamins C and K, Brussels sprouts are usually a love ’em or
leave ’em vegetable. But this recipe will make giving this vegetable one more chance
worth your while. This dish pairs nicely with a roasted potato and Cornish hen meal—and a
crisp glass of chardonnay, of course.
Have you ever wondered why some people just seem to shovel those beautiful little cabbages into their mouth with glee and you turn your nose up? Well, it just may be in your DNA. Not everyone’s taste receptors receive Brussels sprouts in the same way, similar to how some people love cilantro while others can’t stomach it. With the inclusion of orange and bacon, give these pushed aside mini cabbages a second chance!
Instant Pot Citrus-Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, or preferred oil
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- Press the Sauté button on Instant Pot and heat avocado oil. Add bacon. Stir-fry 3–5 minutes or until bacon is almost crisp and the fat is rendered. Add the orange juice and water and deglaze the Instant Pot by scraping the bits from the sides and bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add Brussels sprouts. Lock lid.
- Press the “Manual” button and adjust time to 3 minutes. When timer beeps, quick-release pressure until the float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer Brussels sprouts to a serving dish. Garnish with orange zest and serve warm.