Everything that you’d normally stir-fry up to put in those cute little egg roll wrappers, can be found here in this PALEO SHRIMP EGG ROLL BOWL!
I used a quick substitution by using the pre-shredded cabbage and carrot bag sold as a cole slaw mix found in most produce sections. Feel free to shred your own. Also, the can of bamboo shoots can be found in most Asian aisles. If not, delete. This is your meal. Either eliminate or even substitute with a can of sliced water chestnuts. If sprouts are your thing, then throw some in. I think the spices are on point, but don’t be afraid to play around with the other ingredients. Even this shrimp is optional. Either do without a main protein or sub in some diced chicken or ground pork!
Paleo Shrimp Egg Roll Bowl
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce ~ Red Boat is the best!
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 14-ounce bag of coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots), about 4 cups
- 1 bunch of green onions, reserving some of the greens for garnish, sliced
- 1 cup diced white mushrooms
- 1 cup julienned yellow squash or zucchini
- 8-ounce can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Whisk together maple syrup, coconut aminos, fish sauce, Sriracha, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss shrimp into mixture. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat sesame oil over medium heat for one minute. Add coleslaw, onions, mushrooms, squash, and bamboo. Toss and stir-fry until cabbage is tender for about 5 minutes. Add shrimp and all of liquid. Toss and continue to stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until shrimp are cooked (pink and cooked through). Add cilantro and toss for 1 minute.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to 4-6 dishes. Garnish with reserved green onion tops.