If you haven’t hopped aboard the butter coffee train yet, Coffee Blocks makes it easy for you to try. Buy yours HERE! Instead of having to break out your blender, and coffee, and coconut oil, and the butter each morning, Coffee Blocks has created a packet for the busy butter coffee lover. And, I just couldn’t help myself. I had to add a packet to brownies ~ these BETTER BUTTER COFFEE BROWNIES! I love adding expresso powder to a lot of chocolate dishes, so why not? It adds an amazing dimension of flavor. I also can’t wait to cowgirl up my next bowl of chili by adding a packet as well!
“Putting healthy fats in your cup of joe will turn it into super brain fuel. It’ll give you a boost of energy, make you laser focused, and can even help you feel full until lunch. Plus, you won’t feel the mid-morning “crash” you’d get from eating a carb-filled breakfast. When you first wake up, your body has been in fat burning mode all night. Keep the fat burning going with a morning dose of healthy fats… and coffee!” To read more, download this FREE ebook, The Thinnest Book on Fat, brought to you by the creator and founder of Coffee Blocks!
Better Butter Coffee Brownies
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 packet of Coffee Blocks (get yours HERE)
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled and smashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate bar)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Lightly grease an 8×8 pan. Line bottom with an 8×8 square of parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together 3 egg whites until medium peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine coconut flour, cassava flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine coffee blocks, banana, applesauce, honey, vanilla, and 1 egg.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture. Fold in dates and chips. Fold in egg whites.
- Spoon combined mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Melt “Drizzle” ingredients in a double boiler (or just a metal bowl over a saucepan filled with about an inch of water).
- Pour drizzle over brownies.